Nonprofits partner to provide free books to local students
Nonprofits partner to provide free books
to local students
Monday-Wednesday, April 22, 23 and 24, 12- 3 p.m.
Reading is the cornerstone to a successful education. Unfortunately, many children don’t have books at home to strengthen their reading skills. To promote early childhood literacy, Amplify GR, a nonprofit committed to advancing Grand Rapids communities, is celebrating World Book Day by partnering with the World Literacy Foundation and three local schools to provide young children up to five books to take home. Amplify GR welcomes the media to participate in World Book Day by joining them, the World Literacy Foundation and school employees for the distribution of books to the students at the three area schools:
- Hope Academy
- Monday, April 22 from 12-3PM
- River City Scholars Academy
- Tuesday, April 23 from 12-3PM
- Dickinson Elementary
- Wednesday, April 24 from 12-3PM
WHO: World Literacy Foundation, Hope Academy, River City Scholars Academy, Dickinson Elementary and Amplify GR
WHAT: In conjunction with World Book Day, the World Literacy Foundation and Amplify GR are partnering to provide students at three local elementary schools up to five books to take home.
Monday, April 22 12-3 p.m.
Tuesday, April 23, 12-3 p.m.
Wednesday, April 24, 12-3 p.m.
- Hope Academy (Monday)
- 240 Brown St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- River City Scholars Academy (Tuesday)
- 944 Evergreen St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Dickinson Elementary (Wednesday)
- 448 Dickinson St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507